Accomodation in Croatia
Usually after deciding how to get to Croatia, finding a right accommodation in Croatia, will be your second important problem to solve.
From my own long experience, if we talk about hospitality in Croatia, in general we talk about good welcoming spirit, not about super starry luxury hotels. In spite of all, Croatia offers a stylish suggestions, sometimes reaching levels of absolute quality and prestige.
With my help you’ll find various types of Croatia accommodation – hotels, villas, private accommodation, hostels, campsites… even lighthouses!
Hotel Accommodation In Croatia
Hotels in Croatia are classified into categories from one to five stars. Bad hotels in Croatia are really very rare and I would say one star hotel category don’t even exist.
If you are looking for the most reliable hotels than 3-star hotels are are the most numerous (often privately owned) offering many services needed for your pleasant stay.
In the recent years Croatia offers a large number of 4-5-stars hotels, some of them very luxurious ones. You don’t have to be a millionaire to afford the very deluxe accommodation and sometimes at a very affordable prices. Here is my list of the 10 best hotels in Croatia.
BOOKING BANNER FOR HOTELS SEARCH
To help you find where to stay in Croatia, here are some useful information according to the most sought-after destinations:
- When you are looking for most affordable Dubrovnik accommodation , it’s embarrassing how many possibilities visitors have at their disposal.
- Useful information about Istria accommodation from five star luxury hotels, small, family run hotels, all inclusive resorts, seaside apartment rentals, villas and camping sites.
- Discover top hostels in the country and enjoy unique and cheap budget accommodation in Croatia for a great short or long stay in Croatia.
- Are you visiting Split Croatia? Find out why Split town hostels has become a big boom in last few years, becoming a popular accommodation for all ages.
- If you want to stay in Zadar on a budget, there are some very affordable places where anyone can find suitable budget-friendly accommodation in Zadar.
- Summer in Croatia is the most crowded period particularly between end of July to mid of August. ( It’s a time of ferragosto, Italian period of vacations). It isn’t recommended to travel without booking in advance your accommodation in Croatia.
Private Accommodation in Croatia
Croatia has a very long tradition in this type of accommodation. Staying in private accommodation is a unique experience to enjoy Croatian traditional hospitality offering a good value for money. A great place to start looking for hot deals anywhere in the country is AirBnb.
From my experience , the most popular accommodations are private apartments, private rooms and villas, especially along the Croatian coast. Sometimes in high season (mid July and mid August) can be the only available lodging you can find if you decide to go in this period without prior reservation. You can check out my dedicated article to private accommodation in Croatia here.
Croatia All-Inclusive Resorts
Knowing what you’re spending before you go, all-inclusive resorts are the perfect choice when planning your holidays in Croatia. Along the coast there are a lot of resorts offering comfortable accommodation, activities, food and beverages.
Bonaca Bluesun Bol all-inclusive family resort
These resorts are particularly welcomed among families with children as all-inclusive package holidays include various facilities and entertainment to keep the adults and children busy.
Hostel Accommodation In Croatia
There are not many so called ‘official’ youth hostels in Croatia, but in past years on the Croatian tourist scene have appeared a large number of private hostels.
Goli&Bosi the most trendy hostel in Split
Particularly, some top destinations as Split Croatia offers great number of hostels as a friendly budget accommodation, suitable for young people, backpackers and also for tourists of all ages. You can find out more about the Croatian hostels in this article.
It’s a very popular accommodation in Croatia. There are a great number of camp sites spotted along the Croatian coast. Istria region is particularly rich with camping sites of all sizes and kinds.
Along the coast there are also many nudist camping sites (marked FKK) and those in Istria are among the best because of their sheltered positions ensure peace and quiet. You can read more about camping in Croatia here.