Top Destinations for Sea Kayaking in Croatia
If I tell you that Croatia sea kayaking is the perfect way to explore Croatia’s unspoiled coast and islands, it must be a reason for it.
Considering kayaking as a sea water activity that takes place usually during the high summer season (from late June to late September), there are some advantages that makes kayaking on the Croatia Adriatic sea so special:
- Unlike the Pacific Ocean, the North Sea or the Mediterranean Sea, Adriatic sea is calm, warm, clean and tide changes are almost imperceptible.
- Your kayak will take you where ships and sailing boats won’t be able to approach.
- A different point of view on a cultural monuments. Imagine the unique view of the Dubrovnik city walls from the water!
- Kayaking you’ll find the most beautiful pebble beaches and some of the hidden rocky or sandy beaches, difficult to reach.
- The best occasion to put on your snorkeling gear to watch the hundreds of colorful fish and other sea creatures.
- Kayaking won’t be only a sport adventure or the experience of nature, but also a cultural experience.
- No kayaking experience necessary to take part of any see kayak tour.
Best Places for Sea Kayaking in Croatia
Dubrovnik Sea Kayaking
After visiting Dubrovnik strolling its old city streets and its mighty city walls, it’s time to enjoy the view of this Mediterranean pearl from different perspective.
For those who love traveling, being active outdoors and exploring seaside, nature, heritage, history and art, I propose to take one of many kayaking adventures from Dubrovnik old port.
Daily short routes (2 to 3 hours) of easy kayaking that fit for all ages between 14 and late sixties without any kayaking experience, are the most popular tours.
- Explore Dubrovnik from the water on a 2-3 hours kayak tour from Dubrovnik. Accompanied by a guide, on easy kayaking tour passing below the city’s medieval walls heading toward Lokrum Island. On the way you’ll have time for some snorkeling, swimming and snacks at a secluded beach cave along Dubrovnik’s coastline.
- If you prefer a longer tours, a week kayak tour around Dubrovnik including tours around green Elafiti islands – is a holiday you will love! I invite you to join on one of these kayaking tours. One Week Kayaking is best for those who are seeking adventure. This tour features overnights on 2 islands (Lopud and Sipan), kayaking distances range from 12 to 18 km per day.
Kayak from Cavtat
This ancient town founded by the Greeks in the 6th century BC under the name of Epidaurus, only 13 km south of Dubrovnik , has become the popular starting point for a 3 hours guided sea kayaking tour.
Cavtat bay and small Supetar island make an excellent place to explore around in a kayak. Set off from the historical harbor, which was once a Roman harbor, and row along the promenade while listening to intriguing historical tales from your guide.
Enjoy free time for hiking or snorkeling on the tranquil island of Supetar (also a naturist paradise) , in front of Cavtat port. On the tour you will be served with a sandwich, freshly prepared at a local restaurant.
Croatia sea kayaking from Split
Kayaking presents a unique experience of viewing the 1700 years old city of Split from the seaside. Split kayaking is known as one of the most popular summer activities in Split town.
Explore a different side of Croatia – from a kayak on 4 hours guided kayaking tour around Split’s Marjan peninsula, a longer 6 hours tour over to beautiful Ciovo island or a new 8 hours adventure which includes a meal, from Hvar Island to the Pakleni archipelago islands.
Four Day Vis Island Discovery from Split
Vis island is a kayak paradise island. Wait until you experience stunning Stiniva Bay, the charm of Komiza, the island’s legendary fishing village; the rocky cliffs, hidden coves and wild nature.
Four nights accommodation is based on double rooms in small local guesthouses.
Hvar town Paklina islands
This family friendly kayak adventure on 4 hours tour from Hvar town, is an unforgettable experience to the Paklina Islands. This tour starts from the meeting point in Hvar town port to heaven islands in front of Hvar town.
It’s the perfect break from the standard walking tour that will take you through narrow channels and along the islands exploring small hidden pebble beaches where you can swim, snorkel and relax. This tour offers a tasty lunch to finish with.
Croatia Sea Kayaking Korcula Island Tour
Visiting Korcula island I propose to take advantage of these two tours in one, from Korcula town, often mentioned as a small ‘Dubrovnik’ and the birthplace of Marco Polo.
This Korcula adventurous tour is a combination of two tours in one! At first you will do some sightseeing of Korcula islets while riding on a speedboat and then you will enjoy an unique sea kayak experience.
You’ll explore the hidden beaches of the Korcula islets, accompanied by professional English speaking guide that will show some enchanting spots, that can only be reached on a sea kayak. This tour also includes a delicious lunch after kayaking in charming local restaurant.
Kayaking adventures from Zadar
- Kornati islands sea kayaking from Zadar – This tour will start from Sali village, on Dugi Otog (Long island). You have to take a local ferry boat from Zadar to Sali.
- Sunset kayaking tour from Zadar – If you don’t believe that the Zadar’s sunset is most beautiful in the world, take this 4 hours. Enjoy this magnificent sunset with your loved on, sipping a bottle of fine wine and light snack.
- Zadar Archipelago 3 Islands Sea Kayaking Day Trip – Book this small group travel and explore three islands archipelago, snorkel in crystal clear waters and spend a memorable day in nature.