Top Things to Do or See in Kvarner, Croatia
Exploring the map of Kvarner Croatia, you can notice that this region is the nearest Croatia’s holiday destination. Driving from Italian border you can reach Opatija, the elegant tourist destination, just in little more than an hour.
What makes this region so attractive? This region has all you’ll need for a perfect holiday in Croatia.
- Islands – a world of its own. Krk, Rab, Cres, Losinj Island
- All kind of beaches that suits your wishes: large or small, rocky, pebble, sand, hidden, nudists, party…..
- The best party beaches in Croatia, Zrce beach on Pag island or Pudarica beach near Rab town
- Opatija Croatia Nice of the Adriatic – a town of refined elegance
- Crikvenica and Novi Vinodolski Riviera, two most attractive Kvarner rivieras.
- The region of all kinds of activities – If you wish to hike, walk, fly, sail, ride or dive
- The best choice of high quality health tourism, top Spa&Wellness Hotels – Opatija riviera is the absolute leader.
- Two national parks – The Northern Velebit National Park, The Risnjak National Park and one park of nature – Ucka Nature Park
- The region has excellent connection between mainland and islands
The Best of Kvarner: Opatija
Opatija, the jewel of the Adriatic Sea and the most elite Kvarner Croatia destination, with its tradition in tourism of more than 160 years is one of the best known destinations in Croatia.
Ever since, the Opatija promenade, 12 km long has been a favorite walking path for local people and visitors, an inevitable challenge for photographs and paintings, and a trademark of Opatija’s scenery when viewed from the sea.
Walking along the Opatija’s waterfront one can admire many magnificent villas, discover important monuments in the local history or statues that have become symbol of the town (such as the Girl with the Seagull), take a rest on a secluded wooden bench in the shade of hundred-year-old trees, admire small coves and beautiful pebble beaches or to enjoy a drink or meal on one of many restaurant terraces right by the sea.
Kvarner Croatia Riviera beaches
This region with the coast that extends from Opatija to Zadar region (near Starigrad Paklenica town), including the islands of Krk, Losinj, Cres and Rab, offers numerous beaches.
Here are some best family and children beaches, sandy beaches, naturist beaches and
- Baska Krk island – The biggest and one of the most beautiful is Baska’s Vela Plaza, the Great Beach, right in the center of town. It’s a natural pebble beach, combination of pebbles and sand. Some parts of the beach are sandy which is great for kids.
- Island Rab, Lopar beaches – this small village 13 km from Rab town, is known for 22 sandy beaches bordered by pine groves. The shallow sea makes them perfect for small children and specially suitable for snorkeling and diving activities. The best known sandy beach in Lopar is so called Rajska ( Paradise) Beach, almost two km long.
- Kandalora beach (sometimes refereed as English Beach) is one of the best naturist (nudist) beaches in this region. Name English beach refers to the event when the king Edward the VIII and Walis Simpson took a skinny dip. This beach is easily reached by taxi boats from Rab town.
Kvarner Croatia Outdoor Adventures
The popularity of Croatia adventure travel has been growing rapidly in the recent years. Many travelers are searching for fun and adventure in addition to traditional city sightseeing, museums or art galleries.
Some are experienced divers or mountain climbers or just families looking for more excitements and fun. This region has something for all.
With two National Parks and one park of nature, this region offers a lot of outdoor activities like climbing, hiking, biking, kayaking, diving, cruising, sailing or fishing.
Kvarner Croatia Party Beaches
Have you ever heard about Croatia’s party beaches? Probably they are not so famous as Ibiza, Spain beaches but in this region there is one very famous.
Zrce beach, Novalja on the island of Pag is a popular summer resort which hosts probably the only beach in Croatia with Ibiza sense. The beach has numerous facilities and three popular open-air clubs offering entertainment until ‘small’ hours. Aquarius and Papaya are the most popular clubs, and there is also beach-bar Kalypso.
This is it!