If you are traveling on budget, Split hostels will be an excellent alternative to traditional hotels which have fairly high prices, especially during the high season (July and August).
In recent years, the number of hostels in Split has increased exponentially, resolving the biggest town problem, the lack of accommodation. Rather than spend money on Split hotels, hostels or backpacker accommodation, will help you not only to save money but you’ll get a glimpse of Split from a local’s perspective
Many travelers consider hostels as an “only youth accommodation” and are not too enthusiastic in sleeping in dormitory style lodging. They are wrong as many hostels in Split offer also singles, double rooms arranged for solo, and couples travelers. I have met many tourists in their 60s staying in hostels.
Important guidelines to follow for Split hostels
When looking for appropriate hostel accommodation in Split Croatia, beside the price follow these useful tips to take into account before you book your stay:
- You need a hostel not far from train, bus station or ferry port.
- To take pleasure in typical Split Mediterranean atmosphere you have to be inside the place walls or in neighboring area.
- During the hot summer period, book your hostel not far from Split beaches.
- Check for Split hostels that offer a decent breakfast (for additional fee from € 3,00 to € 5,00).
- Opt for hostels that offer a sharing kitchen where you can prepare your own food that will save you another couple of Euros.
- Don’t stay at hostels with check-out time before 10:00 AM. I will show you some with latest check-out at 11:00 AM.
- Chose hostels with a bar as it’s a great place to socialize with other guests.
- Hostels that organize local tours and sightseeing can be of great help.
- Split hostels with organized transfers from Split airport to the ferry port, can simplify how to get from/to city center.
- I suggest you only hostels with lockers. In most places it is a standard equipment. Avoid those asking extra many for security.
- Hostels with internet (free wife) connection is “must have” facility.
Recommended Old City Hostels
Hostel Split Backpackers
Tchaikovsky Hostel Split
Design Hostel Goli & Bosi
Bel Air Inn Split
Hostel Like Me in Split
Most Trendy Design Hostels in Split
There are new hostels with elegant decor and futuristic trendy atmosphere that have become a destination for backpackers who do not have to worry when traveling on budget. The only rule is, book on time to be sure to have your bed.
Goli i bosi design hostel
Booze and Snooze
Best Deal Hostels
Split Fairy-tale hostel
Hostel Split Backpackers
Hostel 101 Dalmatinac
Split Garden Hostel