Complete Guide to Split, Croatia
Welcome to Split Croatia travel guide! This is an itinerary through Split city, Dalmatia’s capital, my birthplace! I’m extremely exciting but at the same time proud of the the city of a thousand emotions.
There is a song saying “There is no city like Split” and it’s a truth. This city is my home town and without hiding their pride, the Splicani (name for locals) will tell you that their city is “the most beautiful one in the world and beyond”.
It’s no secret that a trip to Split is a memorable experience. It’s the ancient home of the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace, with dozens of outstanding attractions, set up in the beautiful Mediterranean environment.
In my beautiful city, the capital of Croatia’s Dalmatia region, you will find a unique mixture of Roman, medieval and Renaissance architecture, forming a spectacular Mediterranean feeling.
In the past, Split has always been just a ferry terminal, a place to catch a ferry to reach to one of the stunning Croatian islands: Hvar, Brac, Vis. Korcula, Lastovo and Solta.
But not anymore! It’s a city that deserves your attention for a day or two, or even a week. Just slow down and stop, look at the amazing sights, and when people ask you “Have you been in Split?” you will proudly answer “Yes, I’m glad I have”!
I am here to provide you with all information you need to help you feel like a local and to get the best value for the money whatever your budget is. I’ll do my best to help you have the best time possible when you get to Split.
What Makes Split Croatia So Special?
My desire is to provide you with completely independent profile of my home city, engaging my love and profound knowledge of this 1700 year old city, its stunning islands and coastal Riviera.
Just, consider me as your friendly and personal holiday guide. I’ll do a hard work for your holidays so why not to take advantage to make you travel like a local and to learn about the places the tourists don’t always discover.
- How to get to Split?
- Where can you find the best deals?
- Where are the best places to stay?
- What types of accommodation are worth considering?
- How to get to Hvar island from Split?
- What is there to do and see in Split?
- Where are the best beaches?
- When is the best time to go?
- Why Podstrana is the most beautiful nearby Riviera?
- How to plan your island hopping from Split?
What to do in Split Croatia?
You are going to love Split and Central Dalmatia islands, whether you’re on your own, with special someone, with friends, or with your family. Maybe you would like to:
- Take some adventure tour?
- Don’t miss to visit Marjan Forest Park?
- Take a cruise at one of cruising boats?
- Have a memorable night at a beach party with some good music?
- Take part in famous summer festivals?
- To find the top eats in the city?
- To know more about Diocletian palace history?
- To do shopping in Split?
- To watch a local football team Hajduk match?
- To take a Marjan hill bike tour?
In case you are looking for Information on: